Wednesday, October 21, 2009

At peace

One of the things my new relationship with Wendy brings to my life is a certain peace that's hard to explain. Part of it is that she's a refreshingly low-drama lady. I was searching for that in secondary partners, but didn't take for granted that I'd be fortunate enough to find it. The poly community seems to be rife with people who thrive on creating and consuming drama.


Another peaceful aspect of my relationship with Wendy is how we are when we're together. Yes, we talk when we're having dinner or out for a walk or the like. We talk about all sorts of things. But for some reason, when we're in each other's arms, we tend not to talk much beyond goofy-cutesy stuff. We like to joke that her bed has a certain gravity that makes it difficult to leave, and that relaxed peace we share there is no doubt one source.

No doubt some of this peace simply a result of having found a secondary partner that's clearly good for me. My first experience with polyamory (outside cyberspace) was a failure and lent to my sense that I was doomed by circumstances and my own failings. I was surrounded by potential partners, yet none seemed appropriate. Success with Wendy validated the sense that I'm not entirely a tragic freak. That's a good feeling that certainly brings me peace.

I intend to keep Wendy as a friend and partner for life. Will this sense of peace last forever? I don't know, but I'm content to enjoy and inculcate for as long as I can.

No comments:


About Me

I'm polyamorous. Galen is the pseudonym I use to shield my real identity to protect myself from the stigma regrettably associated with polyamory. This is my free place; my comfortable space. A request. If you have me friended on FaceBook or in other "real life" venues, please don't talk about poly related stuff. Thank you.

Other Resources